From Primally Inspired (thecafewellness.com/primal-chicken-pot-pie-muffins/)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp milk (I used almond)
- 4 Tbsp. butter, room temperature (I used Kerrygold)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Kerrygold)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1/2 lb chicken, diced
- After cutting/dicing/shredding all ingredients, heat oven to 350 F and place 12 muffin papers (I used foil ones) in a muffin tin.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- On medium heat cook diced chicken in a small amount of coconut oil for 3-5 minutes, cooking about half way. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan, saute vegetables (carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, and onion). Add more coconut oil if needed (or butter) and cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- To dry ingredients add milk, eggs, butter, coconut oil, and cheese. Mix until all flour is dissolved.
- Add 3/4 each of chicken and vegetables. The rest will be used to top batter. Mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly in muffin compartments. Top off batter with the rest of the ingredients, shred more cheese over muffin tops.
- Bake for 18-30 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean and top and brown.